March went by so fast! I didn’t read as much as in February, but it was still a very busy month in terms of books and blogging, and so there is a lot to recap!
Book of the Month
My favourite book that I read this month has to be The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas! There has been so much hype about this book, especially since it was released in the US last month. It comes out on the 9th of April, and I should have a review up of this book by then as well!
Aside from The Hate U Give, there are three books this month that I absolutely cannot wait for! Everything Beautiful Is Not Ruined by Danielle Younge-Ullman is being released on the 6th of April – I was lucky enough to be sent a copy of this for review by Scholastic, so I have read it already, and it was truly amazing. I am also really excited for The State of Grace by Rachael Lucas and The Upside of Unrequinted by Becky Albertalli, which are released on the 6th and 11th of April respectively.
I got a lot of new books this month – 13 to be exact. Over the course of the March I was sent two books by Scholastic, Everything Beautiful Is Not Ruined and Noah Can’t Even by Simon James Green, which is very exciting! I also won Grace Latter’s February giveaway, and so received two books from her, Man Up by Jack Urwin and Letters To My Fanny by Cherry Healey (both non-fic books, which really pleased me as I want to read more non-fic). I bought myself a copy of Caraval by Stephanie Garber, after going to multiple shops to find one that didn’t have a ever-so-slightly battered spine! Finally, one of my friends was clearing out her bookcase and offered my seven of her YA books, so I obviously accepted all of them! I’ve have been very lucky this month, book-wise.
The little things:
- A book I discovered – one of the books I recently acquired (although I haven’t gotten around to reading it yet) is the Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski. It’s a pretty well-known fantasy series, but I heard about it for the first time this month and I’m super excited to read it!
- A blogging thing I did – on the 15th, I went to the book launch for Melinda Salisbury’s The Scarecrow Queen. This was the first book launch I’ve been to, and I had a really fantastic time – it was held in a crypt, which I thought was super on-theme, and it was so lovely to catch up with people and meet new people!
- How my challenges are going – this month, I read no books for my Beat the Backlist challenge – absolutely shameful I know. I read almost entirely new releases this month, so I will have to rectify this in April!
- Music I have enjoyed – I have really been loving Ed Sheeran’s new album. My favourites are Galloway Girl, Nancy Mulligan and What Do I Know? – if you’ve been listening to Divide, I’d love to hear which songs you like best!
- A show I have enjoyed – I recently started watching Clique with my sister. It’s a new BBC drama set in a university, and it’s kind of a mystery paired with the high-intensity drama of university and the ‘clique’. I’m really loving it!
- Goal for March – I wanted to start cross-posting my reviews to Goodreads, and I have done this, both old posts and ones posted this month!
- Goal for April – I’m aiming to start taking more arty pictures of my books for my blog and Twitter. I don’t know how easy this will be seeing as I don’t have a proper camera, and my phone’s camera isn’t particularly high-quality. I’m taking part in the Girl Blogade challenge on Twitter, so that should be helpful!
This month I read . . .
- The Auctor Trilogy by T. R. Wolf
- King’s Cage by Victoria Aveyard
- Damage by Eve Ainsworth
- Everything Beautiful Is Not Ruined by Danielle Younge-Ullman
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- Ink by Alice Broadway
This month I posted . . .
- February Wrap Up & The Month Ahead
- My TBR Cannot Handle All These Releases
- Book Recs For International Women’s Day 2017
- Review – The Auctor Trilogy
- My Life in Books Tag
- Review – Damage
- Books I’ve Read in 1 Sitting
- How To Organise Your Bookshelf + GIVEAWAY
- Books With Memorable Mother/Teen Relationships
- Review – King’s Cage
I also hosted a giveaway, which is open until the 3rd of April 6pm, so go and check it out if you haven’t already!
— Bex (@MyShelfMyself) March 24, 2017
What have you read and enjoyed this month? And is there anything you are particularly looking forward to in April?