This month went by so fast! In April, I got more reading done than in March, although I am still hoping to get more done in May! This month was also very busy for me as a blogger, both on and offline, which was very exciting.
Book of the Month
At the beginning of the month I read Caraval by Stephanie Garber and I absolutely adored it! I have a review of this book that I need to tidy up a bit so I can post it, and then I can show in more detail everything I loved about this book. I couldn’t put it down – and isn’t the cover just the most gorgeous thing ever!?
This month there are two books I’m super looking forward to. Both are books I have been lucky enough to have already read – the first is Release by Patrick Ness (which I reviewed here last month), and the second is Noah Can’t Even by Simon James Green (I am hoping to have a review up later this month, and I am also taking part in the blog tour for this book!). Both of these are really fantastic books, and I can’t wait for the rest of the world to read them (both are out of May 4th).
The little things:
- A blogging thing I did – I participated in the Everything Beautiful Is Not Ruined blog tour! This was super exciting, especially as it is the first blog tour I have done! I did a guest post from Danielle Younge Ullman on her camp experiences and research for EBINR, which is set at a really hardcore summer camp! I also took part in the SundayYAthon over the Easter weekend, which was really fun!
- How my challenges are going – this month, I read 1 books for my Beat the Backlist challenge – not as bad as last month, but I definitely need to get through a few more this month. I have now read 6 out of 15 books!
- Music I have enjoyed – I have been listening to a lot of music from old Now That’s What I Call Music CDs. You know, ‘It Girl’ by Jason Derulo, ‘Fight For This Love’ by Cheryl Cole – all the jams from 2010.
- A show I have enjoyed – in April I started watching a Norwegian TV show called Skam, which I’m sure many of you have heard of! It’s absolutely amazing and I’m hooked. I often heard it described as a better, Norwegian version of the British show Skins.
- Goal for March – my goal for March was to take better bookish pictures, and I think I’ve somewhat achieved this! For the first half of April, I took part in a Twitter challenge (although I gave up!), which helped a lot. My pictures are never going to be amazing, but I’m quite happy with them now!
- Goal for April – I would like to start tagging/categorising my posts more consistently, although I’m not sure what the best way to do this is. If you have any advice please let me know!
This month I read . . .
- Holding Up the Universe by Jennifer Niven
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber (review to come)
- Truth or Dare by Non Pratt (review to come)
- The Never Dawn by R. E. Palmer (reviewed)
- Release by Patrick Ness (reviewed)
- No Virgin by Anne Cassidy
- George by Alex Gino
- 100 Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez
- Noah Can’t Even by Simon James Green (review to come)
This month I posted . . .
- March Wrap Up & The Month Ahead
- Review – The Hate U Give
- YA Book Box Subscriptions To Try
- My SundayYAthon TBR
- Review – The Never Dawn
- Blog Tour: Everything Beautiful Is Not Ruined – Research & Camp Experiences
- Reasons To Read The Mortal Instruments
- SundayYAthon Wrap Up
- Review – Release
- The Mystery Blogger Award
- The Book Blogger Awards | My Nominations
What have you read and enjoyed this month? And is there anything you are particularly looking forward to in May?