I haven’t done a tag in absolutely ages, so I thought now would be a great time to do a tag that I thought looked like lots of fun – the You’re Not Good Enough Tag. How this works, is you write down 30 names of fictional characters, and pick two at random to answer each of the following questions!
Thank you to Emily from A Cup Of Wittea for tagging me in this, I’ve been super excited to do it myself! Emily’s post is here if you want to check it out!
1) You only have one more spot on your Spelling Bee team – who would you pick to complete your team?
Augustus Waters (The Fault In Our Stars) or Will Herondale (The Infernal Devices)
I mean, I have to say Will – he’s smart enough, but I doubt he’d take it seriously at all. It would be absolutely hilarious. My fellow TID fans will know exactly what I mean – it was be the best Spelling Bee ever.
2) Both characters want to kill you – which one would you kill first so you have a better chance of surviving?
Effie Trinket (The Hunger Games) or the Hatter (Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland)
Well, neither of these two are particularly threatening. I think I would have to choose the Hatter, because Effie is from the Capitol and isn’t deadly at all. The Hatter is mad and there’s no telling what exactly he’ll do, so I’d have to kill him first.
3) You’re on the bachelor/bachelorette and you’re down to these two characters – which one are you going to give your rose to?
Isabelle Lightwood (The Mortal Instruments) or Lottie (What’s a Girl Gotta Do?)
Honestly, I don’t think either of these girls would particularly care about or want the rose. I think I’ll go with Lottie, because a rose is just too impractical for Isabelle.
4) You’ve been chosen for The Hunger Games – who would most likely volunteer in your place?
Simon Spier (Simon vs the Homosapien Agenda) or Ruth (Never Let Me Go)
This is a tricky one. Ruth definitely is not the kind to sacrifice herself for someone, least of all a stranger, but Simon isn’t really either. Still, I can vaguely picture Ruth doing it, maybe for some strange sort of glory? I don’t know. I’ll go with Ruth.
5) You’re stranded on an island. Which character would you sacrifice to engage in cannibalism?
Starr (The Hate U Give) or Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter)
Ahhh. I don’t know. Being stranded on an island, I think Dumbledore would be a better person to have alive, seeing as he’s magic and all, but I think Starr would be much better company. Maybe if I ate Dumbledore I could take his magic or something?
6) You’re the next DC/Marvel superhero (with your own TV show, of course) – who is your sidekick?
Carrie White (Carrie) or Cath (Heartless)
This is an interesting one – neither of these girls are the type to be a sidekick. I feel that, strategically, Carrie would be better: she has extraordinary powers, and she doesn’t know how to wield them (so being a sidekick could offer some guidance?). I think she would be really superhero!
7) You’re a manager of an Avocado admiring company – who would you fire for lack of communication skills?
Mare Barrow (Red Queen) or Harriet Manners (Geek Girl)
Well, neither girls have amazing communication skills – Harriet’s a bit awkward, and Mare is disliked by at least half the people who know her. Although, with Harriet things mostly have a way of turning out OK, so I think I would have to fire Mare.
8) You’ve just finished a book in which your favourite character dies – which character is most likely to comfort you?
Lief (The Sin Eater’s Daughter) or Newt Scamander (Fantastic Beast’s and Where to Find Them)
Newt. It has to be Newt. I know that Lief is also really caring of those he loves, so it’s not like he couldn’t be comforting. But Newt is a Hufflepuff – need I say more?
9) Ugh, it’s high school. Who would most likely be part of the popular clique?
Atticus Finch (To Kill a Mockingbird) or Clarke Griffin (The 100)
Honestly, I find it quite hard to picture Atticus in high school, although I feel like he would one of the more nerdier ones. I can easily see Clarke being part of the popular clique, although not in a nasty way; I think she’d be nice to everybody, and be popular because of that.
10) The day has arrived; you’re finally a year older! Who would have the nerve to forget your birthday?
Bella Swan (Twilight) or Caleb Prior (Divergent)
Both of these characters are quite likely to do this in my opinion – however, Bella has a reputation for paying absolutely zero attention to any of her ‘human’ friends, so I think she would definitely forget.
11) You’ve just found an upcoming BookTube star. Who would it most likely be?
Hermione Granger (Harry Potter) or Maddy (Everything, Everything)
Ooh, I don’t know; I can easily see Maddy being a BookTuber whilst stuck in her house. Although, I’d imagine once she’s free from the confines of her house, she’ll have so much of the world to explore instead! I’d probably go with Hermione, because she loves books and reading, and I personally find her a very engaging character!
12) Sleepover time! Unfortunately you can only invite one person – who would you invite?
Magnus Bane (The Mortal Instruments) or Winnie the Pooh
As much as I love Winnie the Pooh, there can only be one answer to this – Magnus Bane. I mean, he wears glitter and bright clothing and throws parties for his cat. Not to mention he’s hundreds of years old and has countless stories to tell. I think a sleepover with Magnus would be the highlight of my life.
13) Bam, you’re pregnant. Who’s the parent?
Tori Spring (Solitaire) or the Gruffalo
Well this is pretty straightforward, as there is no way the Gruffalo would be the parent to my unborn child. No thanks. I’ll go with Tori. I think she’s a really cool character, although I don’t know how she would handle being a parent . . .
14) You’ve just written a super important text. Who would see it, but not reply?
Amani Al’Hiza (Rebel of the Sands) or Jude (I’ll Give You the Sun)
I think depending on what the text was about, neither of them would reply, or both of them would reply. Based solely on the fact that Amani doesn’t have a phone, or know how to use one, it would have to be her.
15) You’ve just woken up and it’s time for breakfast. Your mum or dad’s been replaced by…who?!
The Hungry Caterpillar or Matilda
Ahahaha. The Hungry Caterpillar. Please. This would be utterly terrifying if the Hungry Caterpillar wasn’t such an iconic part of my childhood. Although that said, I do love Matilda so if she suddenly became one of my parents that wouldn’t be so bad either!
I’m not going to tag anyone in this, but please feel free to do this yourself and let me know if you do! This was lots of fun to do, and hopefully I will be posting another tag soon (as I need to do some catching up!)